Nov 11, 2017
We are redesigning the logo, the website, the page layout, the whole shebang. We are excited about this, and I know you will be also as you read through some of the changes.
When does this happen?
With 11 applications and all of the related services to upgrade, we are expecting to complete the process over the course of 2018. First up in January will be the public part of the website along with the new Enrolment application.
Following on, likely in this order, will be: Resource Booking, Parent interview booking, School Notices, Attendance Register, Calendar, Detention System, and the remaining applications.
Desktop / Tablet / Mobile
Over the last few years we have implemented a few functions into a mobile friendly interface and also an iPhone application, however this new version is going to be entirely available on every platform. This means two things for you:
- Everything you can currently do in SOBS on a desktop browser you will now be able to do on your mobile phone browser (and it won’t be microscopic text). You can work while on a train or a bus, sitting at lunch, while doing a duty, or in a meeting (not that you would do this).
- The downside to this of course means that you will never be far from SOBS and there is a risk it will intrude into your home life. If you have ideas about how we can help you to maintain a healthy work/life balance please do drop us a note.
The new design is impacting every part of our system. The obvious parts are the public part of the website and all of the applications. The design is also incorporating:
- This new blog site (previously on Google plus);
- The help articles; and
- The emails from SOBS
With this new design we are implementing two major changes to our pricing structure.
- An automatic discount based on the number of applications purchased. The first two applications incur no discount. If you subscribe to three applications you receive a 10% discount on the total price. With four applications you receive 15% and so on. We structured this so that in general you will not be paying any more than you have been paying, and in many cases you will be paying less.
- The new website clearly presents our ‘Fair price policy’. This means that any school is welcome to suggest what they would consider is a fair price for their subscriptions.
The new pricing structure will apply from January 2018.